Idrobuild™ Tex is a reinforced, anti-fracture, professional decoupling mat designed to be used over cracks in concrete to reduce movement. By applying Idrobuild™ Tex prior to laying tiles you are ensuring there will be no cracks in your grout or tiles appearing at a later date. When cracks appear in tiles or grout it is down to the supporting surface underneath (sub-floor), not the product, so any safeguarding you can put in place prior to work starting will always be beneficial. It can even be used as an anti-cracking product for hardwood floors with tongue and groove ends on critical substrates. As it’s so thin, you won’t even notice it has been fitted.
Idrobuild™ Tex can only be used in internal areas only.
Benefits of using Idrobuild™ Tex
1. Reduces shear movements between the substrates
2. Greater safety on critical substrates
3. Flexible and long-lasting
4. Just 0.7mm thick
Where Idrobuild™ Tex can be used
• Load bearing substrates suitable for laying (such as concrete/cement screeds which are completely dry)
• Old load bearing coating materials using tiles and stone
• Completely dry, load bearing anhydrite screeds
• Levelling products
• Mixed, wood, cast asphalt substrates